EasySIM™ – Simulated Learning and Performance Cloud (SLPC)
Professionals acquire job-relevant skills differently than how they learn a theoretical or academic concept. Current studies on Andragogy (the method of teaching adult learners) show-
- Adults have a DIY mindset- they require maximum autonomy and minimum instructions for optimal learning outcome.
- Experience (including mistakes) are imperative to learning.
- Learning program need to be a mix of informative and immersive activities to drive cognitive engagement on the learner’s part.
- The knowledge acquired must be immediately applicable to their individual life or work situations.
- The learning activity must be problem-centered. That is, it must offer a solution to their existing, possibly recurring, problems.
According to a 2016 Gallup poll, around the globe, only 13% of employees are actually engaged in their training.
According to recent research on corporate training and eLearning suggests that only 12% of learners apply the skills from the training to the job; 62% managers believe they are not doing a good job meeting learner’s needs; and 1 out if every 3 employees say that uninspiring content is a barrier in their learning.
These statistics clearly reflect a disconnect between prevalent training practices and adult learning mechanism. Furthermore, it is becoming increasingly clear that employers no longer see satisfactory ROI from costly training programs that do not yield any significant improvement in job performance.
Aggregate of surveys reveal that employers as well as employees want training programs that are-
- Bite-sized micro units of learning- focused on job-critical skills and competencies
- Instant learning solutions- problem-centered and address existing key performance gaps.
- Immediately applicable- practice complex decision making in real work situations.
- Immersive experience- ensures Cognitive Engagement
Branched simulation learning solutions offer a perfect blend of problem-centered immersive micro learning experience. However, building an in-house, cost and time efficient branching simulation solution may be a daunting task.
Therefore, six years of innovation-centered efforts, numerous breakout and brainstorming sessions later, KnowledgeSynonyms brings to you EasySIM™ – our pathbreaking Simulated Learning and Performance Cloud (SLPC).
EasySIM™ offers a platform where you have your internal IDs/SMEs use their tacit knowledge of the product(s), procedures, and the team’s learning needs to build a branched simulation that is just right for your business needs, without straining your e-Learning budget.
EasySIM™ is a KPI-driven solution for global audiences. Its decision-tree design helps train your employees and assess their performance in Realistic Work Situations. Making decisions in the context of your business specific situations and having the consequences of those decisions play out ensures Cognitive Engagement and turns your flat content into Active Learning.
EasySIM™’s KPI-oriented proprietary model directly links learning to job performance, thus accelerating learning, increasing ROI, and driving business efficiency.
Moreover, EasySIM™’s unique algorithm-based analytics provide a complete and well-rounded assessment of the employees’ job-critical skills and competencies, highlighting their strengths and areas of improvement while ranking them against company and industry data.
In a nutshell, EasySIM™ fuels your skill-development initiatives and raises employees’ competencies with tangible outcomes.